Managing touristic accommodations in Spain comes with the legal obligation to register guest information. To ensure compliance with the law, UpMarket offers a comprehensive platform that simplifies the guest registration process. Say goodbye to paperwork and embrace the efficiency of digital guest registration with UpMarket.
Understanding Legal Obligations in Spain
In accordance with the Organic Law of Protection of Public Safety, touristic accommodations in Spain are required to register the entry of their guests. This applies to all travelers over the age of 14. The registration involves completing a form known as the “parte de Entrada“, which must adhere to the model established in the Annex to Order INT/1922/2003. The “parte de entrada de viajeros” is a registration form where the identification details of guests over the age of 14 must be recorded. This form, also known as the “hoja de registro de viajeros” or “ficha de viajeros,” is mandatory for all tourists staying in touristic accommodations throughout Spain, including those booked through Airbnb and Booking.com.
The parte de entrada must be completed during check-in and sent to the corresponding authorities (Guardia Civil, Policía, Ertzaintza, or Mossos d’Esquadra) within 24 hours. The responsibility for submitting the parte de entrada lies solely with the host.
Click on the following link to find additional information about submitting these details via the Spanish Webpol Portal.
What Information Should Appear in the Parte de Entrada de Viajeros?
- First surname
- Second surname
- Identification document number
- Type of identification document (DNI, passport, TIE)
- Date of birth
- Place of habitual residence
- Complete address
- Landline telephone number
- Mobile phone number
- Email address
- Number of travelers
- Relationship between travelers (only if there are minors)
After completing all the required information, ensure that your guests sign the form (otherwise, it would not be valid) and note the date when the form was completed.
Risks and Challenges of Manual Guest Registration in Spain
1. Compliance Risks:
- Legal Penalties and Fines: Failure to accurately register guests can result in significant fines and legal penalties under Spanish law, including the Organic Law of Protection of Public Safety and Royal Decree 933/2021.
- Data Accuracy Issues: Manual processes are prone to human error, leading to inaccuracies in guest information that can breach compliance requirements.
2. Data Security Concerns:
- Risk of Data Breach: Manual handling of sensitive guest information increases the risk of data breaches, potentially violating GDPR and other privacy laws.
- Inadequate Data Protection: Without secure systems, manually collected data is vulnerable to unauthorized access, compromising guest privacy.
3. Operational Inefficiencies:
- Time-Consuming Processes: Manual registration is labor-intensive, diverting resources from improving guest experiences or other operational areas.
- Delayed Compliance Reporting: The manual submission of guest data to authorities within the required timeframe is challenging, risking non-compliance.
4. Guest Experience Impact:
- Inconvenience: Lengthy manual check-ins can negatively affect the guest experience, impacting satisfaction and the likelihood of repeat visits.
- Perceived Lack of Security: Guests may have concerns over the security of their personal information when handled manually, affecting their trust in the accommodation provider.
Streamline Guest Registration with UpMarket
UpMarket revolutionizes the guest registration process for touristic accommodations in Spain. Our platform automates the collection of guest details and seamlessly transmits the information to the appropriate authorities to ensure legal compliance. Here’s how it works:
- Automated Guest Outreach: UpMarket proactively reaches out to guests, collecting their information through a user-friendly interface. Guests receive customized forms to fill out, capturing all the necessary details required by the legislation.
- Secure Data Transmission: Once the guest details are collected, UpMarket securely transmits the information to the designated authorities in compliance with the Organic Law of Protection of Public Safety. This eliminates the need for manual submission, saving you time and ensuring accuracy.
- Time and Cost Efficiency: By automating the guest registration process, UpMarket significantly reduces the time and effort required to collect and transmit guest information. This allows you to focus on providing exceptional guest experiences and managing other aspects of your accommodation.
- Peace of Mind: With UpMarket, you can have peace of mind knowing that your guest registration process is in full compliance with the law. Our platform handles the entire process, from collecting guest details to transmitting them securely, ensuring a seamless and hassle-free experience.
Experience the convenience and efficiency of automated guest registration with UpMarket. Contact us or register for free to learn more about how UpMarket can simplify the process and enhance your compliance efforts for your touristic accommodation in Spain.